When everyone is paying attention to coronavirus, don’t ignore dengue fever! Currently, Malaysia had reported a total of 21,190 cases of dengue fever with 24 deaths.
What is Dengue Fever?
Is a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the Dengue Virus.
Do you know??
Aedes mosquito has 2 species:
- Aedes Aegypti – Indoor-Breeding
- Aedes Albopictus – Outdoor-Breeding
- Aedes mosquito lifespan: around 8-30days
- Batches of eggs per life: Minimum 3 times
- Female mosquito: Drink blood (blood volume- 3 times of its weight) & growing eggs (At least 3000 eggs per times, )
- Mosquito egg survival: Up to 9 months (During dry & wet season, it can hibernate for 6 months to 1 year, it will wake up & active once contact with water! )
- Hot weather help the growth of Aedes mosquito!
Symptoms of Dengue Fever：