Have you ever heard of World Sight Day?World Sight Day is a global event meant to draw attention on blindness and vision impairment.
According to WHO estimates, about 80% of global blindness is avoidable. Avoidable blindness is defined as blindness which could be either treated or prevented by known, cost-effective means.
Tips to Protect Your Vision and Prevent Blindness
- Wear protective eyewear: It is critical to wear proper eye protection to prevent eye injuries while working with dangerous tools or during sports. Also,wear sunglasses when exposed to the sun to protect your eyes from harmful UV light.
- Give your eyes a rest: If you have eye strain from working at a computer or doing close work such as reading,try the 20-20 rule, for every 20 minutes, look into the distance for 20 seconds.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking is directly linked to many adverse health effects, including age-related macular degeneration (AMD),cataracts and uveitis.
- Get regular check-ups: Early detection of eye problems is the most effective way of preventing blindness.
- Control your blood pressure, blood sugar and blood cholesterol: High blood pressure, high blood sugar level and high cholesterol cause damage to the retina’s blood vessels, causing vision problems.
- Eat healthy: Vitamin A, C and E and antioxidant-rich foods such as carrots, blueberries, strawberries, purple sweet potato, spinach, etc., contain essential nutrients for healthy eye and help fight eye problems such as cataract and macular degeneration.
GoodMorning VGrains 18 Grains is made up from 18 types of premium whole grains with 5 colours of phytonutrients. It is also added with 7 unique ingredients including purple sweet potato, blueberry, lutein, calcium, soya lecithin, prebiotic inulin and water soluble fiber.
Purple sweet potato, blueberry and lutein are high in vitamin A, C, E and antioxidant which help improve visual function and fight eye problem by protecting the eyes from free radical damage, reduce inflammation in the tissues of the eyes and supports the health of blood vessels in the eyes.